RECIPE ALERT!!!
Shells and Peas with Cheese!
1 pack of shells and cheese, your choice. I like Annie's white cheddar
A can of peas (you don't have to use them all. I like to)
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Plain yogurt.
cook the shells, drain, put back in the pan on low heat.
add RAW, CHOPPED broccoli and mushrooms and as little or as much peas as you like.
Stir it up and let the mushys and the broc get hot and start to get wilty.
Add a half a cup of plain yogurt and the cheese powder packet.
stir, garnish with more plain yogurt and enjoy.
If you are a wuss and can't eat raw mushys and broc, you could saute them before but it won't taste as FRESH!!!
I usually get three meals out of this one. Dinner, late snack and tomorrows lunch.
woo hoo.
Each of the peas finds it's way into a shell and they are soo cute.
#####
I stopped smoking on Tue, 20 May 2008 5:30:00 AM.
It has been 0 weeks, 2 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes and 27 seconds since I quit.
I have saved $11.7 by choosing not to smoke 51 cigarettes.
More importantly, I saved 0 weeks, 0 days 9 hours 31 minutes of my life!
As of 6:53 pm, that is now.
You, see, I didn't quit, per se. I am conducting an experiment is all.
I have had two packs of cigs here in the drawer, they were really no temptation to me.
Today I took them back to the store and traded them for a box of cereal and a pint of milk.
There is still an almost full open pack over there stashed but I really haven't quit, so it's ok.
So far, no withdrawals and no serious cravings.
Tomorrow when I wake up it will be 72 hours.
E will be gone this weekend and I will be alone.
#####
I am in charge of designing the new photo room for the store. Where items will be staged and photographed. I have an empty room and just need to make it a studio. woo. hoo.
I spent $677.08 at a store fixture and display store:
two manikins, a bunch of small props, arm, hand, head, ear, shoe risers, etc and a rolling rack with metal grid that will act as a frame to hang backgrounds on or just to hook things on for grouping photo, etc.
There was a cabinet there but it was $400 so i held off on it and as soon as we got back they had found exactly what i needed in donations, so that worked out brilliantly.
Everything is being delivered tomorrow in the am. I am so excited.
A Plant Based, Vegan Food Blog. Recipes, Truth, Sarcasm and Anti-establishment, DIY, Off the Grid Health & Beauty Tips, Hints, Reviews & Giveaways
Pages
▼
Thursday, May 22, 2008
4 comments:
Thank you for visiting and for commenting!
Your lovely words are appreciated.
If you are new here, please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get automatic updates.
If you ask a question in this comment form, please subscribe to follow up comments so I can get your answer to you most promptly.
Kind words will be posted, unkind will be deleted. Simple.
Cheers!
Warning! All comments which contain URLs and are clearly just spam to generate a link back to the URL will be deleted on sight. Don't bother wasting your time!
im a wuss!! i cant eat raw mushys and broc!! i will steam the mushys and broc!! yum!!! i love the recipie!!! (theres a pie in recipie!!) congrats on the non-smoking!! i wish i could do it!!!
ReplyDeleteOK, I suppose you could steam them.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, you'll quit when you're ready.
Brocolli sucks in all its incarnations. It's the only thing I ever agreed with President Bush on. (Fave "Family Guy" line: Louis is trying to get Stewie to eat broccoli by pretending it's an airplane landing in his mouth. He retorts, "Damn you. Damn broccoli. And damn the Wright Brothers!")
ReplyDeleteI'll just double the amount of mushrooms and dye half of them green.
Finally, one of my very rare serious online comments ever: I hope you are able to completely quit smoking. I've known too many people, my mom included, who've died horrific deaths from smoking related diseases. And the ones that don't die just plain look aged before their time (twin studies showed that smoking destroys collagen). So do it for the aesthetics, if nothing else! Good luck :)
Good for you for quitting, even if you have a pack for emergencies. You will be surprised to see how much better things smell (well, sometimes they smell worse) and taste! I quit on my 30th birthday... I will be 55 in November.. drink lots of water, that helps the cravings when you get them!
ReplyDelete