
Cameos have been recorded in history as early as the 15th century but were really rocketed to popularity during the Victorian age by the original trend-setter herself, Queen Victoria.
A cameo is a carved in relief on a shell or stone. Sometimes the shell will have different layers that are different colors and the artist can use this substrate to "paint" the portrait in the cameo. Cameos are often portraits of women, but almost anything can be depicted, couples, landscape scenes, still lifes (it really is the correct plural form of still life, I looked it up!) with fruit or plants, Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses, Biblical persons and events, pets, such as dogs, and even larger animals like horses.
Some cameos were carved to commemorate living heroes and leaders in their likenesses.
Costume jewelry cameos can be made from plastic or pressed glass. Sometimes the plastic is made in two layers to simulate shell and sometimes the glass can be back carved.
Word and Photo by me.
Buy this item on ebaa aa y
Wow! You're getting great at those write ups! Hope all else is well with you. :)
ReplyDeleteHello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
ReplyDeleteTo Webcam:
ReplyDeleteCue Sarcasm
Thank you for spamming my blog.
End Sarcasm
This person is selling webcams and doesn't even have a blogroll that I could see.
The whole thing is in Spanish, I think, I'm no language expert. I could not read it but it had a stock photo of a web cam and not much more but a bunch of asinine comments from other bloggers who had been spammed by this user saying either, thanks for listing me on your blogroll, or what blogroll? I don't see one, or something in Spanish.
Boring.
Todos os direitos reservados, indeed.
I didn't click on any of the links, I am too CS (chickenshit). And pretty tired.
Night all.
Happy Spam Busting.
Hey hey! Thanks for the anniversary greetings! You've been slacking lately, I miss your writing. I know, same old thing, different day. Well, it's still interesting! Come on back and check out my new tattoo when you get a chance. And start writing again! Haha... Have a great one!
ReplyDelete