Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Clean sheet day

It was clean sheet day yesterday so I put the old sheets in the hamper and flipped the mattress.
Remember the Huge Furry Blanket saga from a couple of years ago?
Well, I tried to wash that huge furry blanket and it was a bitch to say the least.
That was a while back.
When it got grubby again, I decided it's time was gone because I didn't want to go through the trauma of washing it again and I don't even want to think about what it will cost to get it cleaned.
So I put it in a plastic bag and it's stored at the end of the bed with the rest of the blankets I don't use in the summer and let's face it, it's always summer here.
I haven't turned my fan off in 5 years. Literally.
Unless the rain is coming in sideways and wetting my bed, I don't close the window.

I have a point, really I do.

I have been cleaning house a lot. Tossing stuff out that I just don't need anymore.
I have been finding stuff that I haven't seen in years and having to decide if i need it anymore.
For example, five pairs of false eyelashes, in various colors (including rainbow), and no eyelash adhesive.
Two jars and one box of buttons.
Many wigs. I had no idea I had so many wigs. Five wigs. Wow.
A false tuxedo front. It can attach to the buttons of any button up shirt and make it a ruffly tuxedo shirt.
Lotion. So many bottles of lotion. I threw some out and put some in the hall and they disappeared.
Jewelry. Earrings, rings, necklaces.
My ring that I used to wear when I was in Reno.
I don't remember where I got it. It's sterling, one of those three rings all together, like a puzzle ring, but not really. I left Reno in Feb 1997 for Seattle. Wore the ring all the time I was there. I wore it to Philadelphia. I wore it back to San Francisco. I wore it until i moved into this place and then one day I decided to stick it on my key chain. Key chain wound up in the drawer to sit for a few years. I put it on the key chain that I carry now. It jingles.
Photos! Holy crap. I used to buy disposable cameras all the time and take photos. I filled a shopping bag with photos. Some of them nekky! I can't believe what got through wal gre ns sometimes!
A notice that my order from Am zon had tried to be delivered. This was just back on the third of this month!. Wind musta caught the card when they slipped it under the door. The system is not perfect. It was only a calendar. They could have slipped it under the door!
My old name tags from when I worked at T o wer Re c ords. There are so many layers of names on that. I need to get a razor blade and try to see what all is under there.
A small down comforter.
Dark blue on one side and black watch tartan on the other.
I took this little down comforter and put it on my mattress, and it fit perfectly!
I put the sheet on top of it and now i sleep on feathers.
mmm so glad I'm not allergic!

5 comments:

  1. you never cease to amaze me jj!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Art. I feel the same way about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord, you're like one of those crazy old ladies pushing shopping carts full of random crap all over the place, except that your cart is stationary and indoors. Good job pulling yourself out of the spiral. What can we expect next? Conformity?? NOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, talk about random stuff. Oooh, that tuxedo shirt converter sounds lovely!
    You're making me look forward to moving. We've got TONS of throwing out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I want to be on your list! I'm not sure which address is giving you trouble. If it's the diaryland one, I'm not surprised. Try harri3tspyATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and for commenting!
Your lovely words are appreciated.

If you are new here, please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get automatic updates.

If you ask a question in this comment form, please subscribe to follow up comments so I can get your answer to you most promptly.

Kind words will be posted, unkind will be deleted. Simple.

Cheers!

Warning! All comments which contain URLs and are clearly just spam to generate a link back to the URL will be deleted on sight. Don't bother wasting your time!