well.
i got hella drunk last night.
i was late for work this morning.
The BUS DRIVER gave me shit when I had to take the bus this morning.
I have a history with this driver.
He's a white guy, older, short brown hair, mustache and blue eyes.
The first time i ever met him, it was 6:30 am and the 14 mission was crowded as hell.
I got on the back door (which is illegal but some drivers turn their head, sometimes) and he yelled at me so i went around to the front and showed him my pass.
He said, "ya know, I don't know if you have a pass or not. You have to get on the front."
I replied, "I thought i could save some time by getting on the back." then i worked my way to the back of the bus.
I have seen him numerous times, in the mornings driving the 14 with no further incidents and once in the afternoon he was driving a 26 Valencia.
On THAT ride I was talking with someone on the bus and accidentally pulled the cord a stop early. He stopped the bus and no one got off or on so he looked in his mirror to see who it was that pulled and then didn't get off.
I said, "sorry, that was me, I want the next stop" and he grumbled something.
I said to the person i was talking to, "oh, he's always grumpy, he's ok." I think the driver heard me, because everyone was quiet waiting for the bus to move and to see what would happen.
THIS MORNING:
I was late. I was waiting at 19th st for the Mission bus, bummed because i wasn't getting my morning walk when he pulled up.
He stopped WAAAY at the beginning of the block. I saw him look right at me. Eye contact was made. I saw there were about 8 people getting on the bus, so I took my time and made it there just as the last person was stepping up.
He hit that kneeling bus thing, looked at me and said, "come on, hurry up."
I replied, "I can only go as fast as the person in front of me."
He said, again "come on, get on, let's go."
I just looked at him, are you effing serious? He quit looking at me and pretended to be a bus driver.
There was a cluster at the front of the bus and I could not get past.
I said loudly, "can we move back, I'm in front of the yellow line." NO ONE moved.
So I said it again.
The only other white girl on the bus said, "at the next stop we can move back."
Whatever, lady. Move your sk-- just move back I'm in front of the LINE!!!
Next stop came and we all moved back. I actually got a facing forward single seat. I pulled my hood down over my eyes so I could enjoy my hangover in peace.
He either hates me or he likes me and picks on me to show it.
I can't decide which.
Either way it's annoying and I'm glad I rarely take the bus in the morning.
A Plant Based, Vegan Food Blog. Recipes, Truth, Sarcasm and Anti-establishment, DIY, Off the Grid Health & Beauty Tips, Hints, Reviews & Giveaways
Pages
▼
Thursday, December 14, 2006
3 comments:
Thank you for visiting and for commenting!
Your lovely words are appreciated.
If you are new here, please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get automatic updates.
If you ask a question in this comment form, please subscribe to follow up comments so I can get your answer to you most promptly.
Kind words will be posted, unkind will be deleted. Simple.
Cheers!
Warning! All comments which contain URLs and are clearly just spam to generate a link back to the URL will be deleted on sight. Don't bother wasting your time!
If he pulls your braids, you'll know it is cuz he likes you. :D
ReplyDeleteAnother fool who won't follow the rules when everyone else does. What makes you think you don't have to stand and wait in line like everyone else? It looks good on you that you got yelled at while you were hung over. I'll bet the bus driver is a far nicer person than you are. you blog isn't any better than many, and lesser than most. Toodles, there's a better one coming right now, enjoy the alcoholism, hope you get help.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous Idiot, did you even read the entry?
ReplyDelete