Howdy. I hope you all had a good holiday if you got one. If not I hope you didn't have to work too hard.
I went to three turkey dinners on Thursday.
One was at Jr's Mom's New Place. I like Jr's Mom.
Erik's mom (Mama) was there and the Moody Sicilian who was in a good mood. Jr Sr was there, too. Full house. We spent a lot of time in the driveway.
Then we left Jr there to visit with the family and took off to act like single people with no kids for a while.
We went to the park where we knew someone would be having a spread. There were a bunch of park people there some I recognized and some I didn't.
We were drinking beers and laughing and eating, the kids were screaming, dogs playing, a whole picnic table full of meat and side dishes and pies.
I had already had a slice of turkey, a scoop of green bean casserole and some ravioli at Jr's Mom's so I just had a homemade pumpkin pie muffin. I was drinking a celebration ale that had a lot of spicy flavors in it and it went well.
We hung out by the food until about dark. The lady who brought it all had packed up her dishes and left the food on bags and foil pans on the table for people to keep eating and quite a few people passed through eating well after she was gone.
We walked around in the park in the dark for a while and then took off to the cafe where the real meal deal was going down.
I had saved plenty of room. Good thing
We got there and it was busy but not packed. There was a closed sign in the window but the open door and the smell coming out was telling a different story.
Walked in and grabbed plates and got on line for the buffet. It didn't take long. The food was fantastic. Restaurant Thanksgiving dinner. Wow. Salty, but good.
I am both proud of and regret not eating more stuffing.
The yams were to die for.
The whole cranberry sauce made me very happy.
I sat to eat at a little table outside with an old guy who said he had been coming there since the place opened. Later on he was talking to a stuffed animal in a plastic bag. I declined saying hello to it. Ahem.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday were spent pretty quietly playing God of War, which was finished and I was kinda disappointed in the ending, but what can you do with a Greek Myth?
Now it's Monday.
I go back to work tomorrow.
I got my Secret Embrace in the mail, it was waiting for me at my door when I got in last night.
Absolutely amazing one-piece bra. If you have breasts, do yourself a favor and get one. Well, if you are 38D or under. I don't think they make them any bigger.
ed note: they do make them bigger, my bad.
A Plant Based, Vegan Food Blog. Recipes, Truth, Sarcasm and Anti-establishment, DIY, Off the Grid Health & Beauty Tips, Hints, Reviews & Giveaways
Pages
▼
Monday, November 27, 2006
2 comments:
Thank you for visiting and for commenting!
Your lovely words are appreciated.
If you are new here, please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get automatic updates.
If you ask a question in this comment form, please subscribe to follow up comments so I can get your answer to you most promptly.
Kind words will be posted, unkind will be deleted. Simple.
Cheers!
Warning! All comments which contain URLs and are clearly just spam to generate a link back to the URL will be deleted on sight. Don't bother wasting your time!
JJ!!! im so happy the thanksgiving went swell for ya!!! i can relate to the poor old man talking to his stuffed animal companion. i used to be like that!!
ReplyDeleteHey JJ!!!! So good to be able to read you again, I am very very happy about this!!!! Can you do me a favour and e-mail me you e-mail addy, because I havent got my job anymore, and all my addresses were on my e-mail there. My addy is betchyinthepink@hotmail.co.uk and I'm back to regular updates on D-land now aswell xxxx
ReplyDelete