I'm a big ole raw vegan now. I had some cheese about two weeks ago and last weekend some steamed quinoa (keenwaa) which was served at a raw restaurant so it must have been raw.
Other than that all raw. woo. I have lost a bunch of weight I don't know how much. Last time I weighed myself I was 185. I don't know if i've lost any since then but even if I don't lose any more I like this weight just fine, thanks.
I need to buy new pants. ALL of my pants don't fit no more. I am using holes in my belt that I have never used before and I have had this belt for 9 years, now.
Yup, that's me a big old raw vegan.
dang. I never thought it would happen.
After I quit smoking i decided i didn't want to gain a bunch of weight so I started WATER FASTING. Then breaking the fast I just ate fruit and veges, light soups, etc. I just didn't want to eat meat any more. After going through detox while fasting I didn't want to put crap back in and have to detox again. Then after about 3 weeks of not eating meat I realized one day that I could never eat meat again. It's wrong to imprison, torture, murder and eat a fellow being. Especially when you can thrive on a plant based diet.
So I kicked all my cooked food addictions. No meat, dairy or processed grain. Green leafy veges, fruit, more veges, some seeds and nuts. I detoxed even more. I feel great now. I feel alive all the time. no more coffee, no more cigs. Oh, ok, I still have a beer now and then. It's not raw, but I am drinking organic beer with a much lower alcohol content. I'm healing still.
May. it all started in may. By oct i was 100% raw and then did dairy while on vacation in oregon, now im back up to 100%. It's just so easy when I'm alone.
There is a lot of politics and misinformed people and of course snake oil salesmen everywhere.
I have been going to forums but while there are some intelligent people there for the most part it's like real life. A bunch of morons.
Raw. Vegan. Morons. Not eating cooked food does not raise your IQ. The raw food community is growing and there are a lot of people out there who see it as a business, like any other trend.
All the information you need about raw food is out there for free. Don't ever spend any money on any raw food salesman who tries to sell you information. You can get used books that were written in the 70's that have the same information these gurus are hawking. I know, my mom had them all and I READ THEM WHEN I WAS A CHILD.
Now we have raw gourmet, which I love. I love to cook it for myself and I love to go to the raw restaurant here and eat the very very expensive food and think about things i can make and reading recipes and experimenting.
I am a good cook. I am also a good un-cook.
So welcome to my plant based blog. I doubt if it will be interesting.
A Plant Based, Vegan Food Blog. Recipes, Truth, Sarcasm and Anti-establishment, DIY, Off the Grid Health & Beauty Tips, Hints, Reviews & Giveaways
Pages
▼
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
3 comments:
Thank you for visiting and for commenting!
Your lovely words are appreciated.
If you are new here, please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get automatic updates.
If you ask a question in this comment form, please subscribe to follow up comments so I can get your answer to you most promptly.
Kind words will be posted, unkind will be deleted. Simple.
Cheers!
Warning! All comments which contain URLs and are clearly just spam to generate a link back to the URL will be deleted on sight. Don't bother wasting your time!
ANYTHING you write about will always be interesting!! your diet to me, in my opinion is unique as that i have never heard of it before; but if it continues to make you healthy, wealthy, and wise, then, more power to ya!! you are doing the right thing for YOU!!! ((((((HUGS))))))
ReplyDeleteThanks, Art, I appreciate your support, as always.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I went and bought pants in a size 16. my waist has gone from 42 to 36! woot!
ReplyDelete