Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I was supposed to turn that photo of the pumpkin smoothie over. That thing was fricken delicious, btw. Just too dang expensive. I love Odwalla but I can't justify drinking it everyday. too much. once a month or so as a nice treat.

I caught the strap of my lovely duffel bag on the corner of a door and ripped some of the stitches loose. Luckily it was just some stitches and not the fabric itself. The thing also got a bunch of sody pop spilled on it a couple of weeks ago so I figured it was time to wash it and take it to the tailor to be mended.
I use it every weekend, it was a wonderful investment, I'm so glad I got it and I'm happy to pay the $3.50 to get it stitched back up.
I always wanted matching luggage. Now I have it.
I'm a grown up now.
I live alone. Not for the first time. But for sure for the best time.
I think I'm doing it right.
I make enough money to have my own phone and internet. I buy nice mid-priced cosmetics, I eat good healthy food. I wear nice underwear. Heck, I wear underwear. My rent is low. My pay is decent.

This is good, right?

I just took all my laundry to the laundromat and dropped it off to get washed and folded. I had a few things, like my jeans, pillow cases, a couple of shirts and my bath towel. Just stuff I thought would be nice to have clean tonight. The rest can get picked up after work tomorrow.
I pay someone else to do my laundry now.
I remember not being able to afford soap and scraping it out of the soap slots in the machines at the laundromat. Washing my socks in a bucket with no soap at all just to have clean socks to wear.
Remember when I lived in the closet? Of course you don't $300 bucks a month I paid to live in a closet on Market st a few years ago. That was back when I first moved to San Francisco and wasn't on the internet yet. Crazy times. So strung out, heroin and oxycontin and booze, oh my! Just back from an absolutely insane time on the east coast which included climbing on a lot of roofs, sleeping outside and running from the cops, getting beat up way too much and finally having my collar bone broken before I came back to this coast to start this wonderful new life.

So far so good.


I'm still far from rich by any standards, but I've never had this much money in my life. And no one to spend it on but little old me.

I don't know where I'm going with this at all.

6 comments:

  1. you should be proud that your life is going so well. You're an inspiration, JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya doin just swell, JJ!!! keep on keepin on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've worked hard to get where you are ... enjoy and celebrate your strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you certainly are an inspiration. You come so far in making a better life for yourself. Good for you! Keep it up and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're all cheering you on now JJ - life's sweet celibartion - live long and prosper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you need to be going ANYWHERE with this... sounds like where you are it is going just great! Congratulations! You are doin good, real good. It makes me happy. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and for commenting!
Your lovely words are appreciated.

If you are new here, please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get automatic updates.

If you ask a question in this comment form, please subscribe to follow up comments so I can get your answer to you most promptly.

Kind words will be posted, unkind will be deleted. Simple.

Cheers!

Warning! All comments which contain URLs and are clearly just spam to generate a link back to the URL will be deleted on sight. Don't bother wasting your time!