Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The S on my cape is a little frayed.
I'm supposed to dress for Halloween tomorrow at work. I have a black dress and wig and shoes and fake blood and red sequined slip and all kinds of things to wear, up to and including a black velvet collar with huge Rhinestones on it.
Do you see that? Do you see how I capitalized rhinestones? ugh. Stupid job! I capitalized everything now.
I was going to wear this strapless dress with the sequined slip underneath and the wig and make up, etc, but I think the sleeveless nature of the dress, did I say sleeveless? I meant strapless.

Well, well, well.
I just went to try on the dress and it fit, Lo and Behold I have lost a pound or two, because when I bought it, it was mightily snug.
I put it on, marvelling at the gorgeous strapless ruched up one side with long ribbons of it all, and realized I needed stockings. Maybe I could just wear the slip with the sequins and the leather jacket with some big black boots and pretend it's the exotic erotic ball.

Then I remembered where I work. It won't fly.
So, I went shopping.
I found a dress.
Oh, lordy, I found a dress.
floor length black satin, scoop neckline sleevless with spiderweb like beaded net over a buff bodice. GASP! IN MY SIZE. $30??? AWW, with a WRAP that is BEADED THE SAME, NET OVER BUFF!!!!!!.
I had to have it. I tried it on and it fit like a dream. The nice guy in line behind me for the dressing room zipped me up.
I also bought an 8 dollar dress just for the lucite and rhinestone buttons. Eight of them.
I cut the buttons off and left the dress there.

Now I'm not sure what to wear.
I'll probably be late for work tomorrow.
There will be photos, I assure you.

2 comments:

  1. dont forget the candy corn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score on those buttons! One of those buttons has got to easily be worth what you paid for the dress you threw away, right?

    Hooray for an ideal shopping experience for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and for commenting!
Your lovely words are appreciated.

If you are new here, please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can get automatic updates.

If you ask a question in this comment form, please subscribe to follow up comments so I can get your answer to you most promptly.

Kind words will be posted, unkind will be deleted. Simple.

Cheers!

Warning! All comments which contain URLs and are clearly just spam to generate a link back to the URL will be deleted on sight. Don't bother wasting your time!